The Rough Plan
10.01.2007 - 10.01.2007
I want to do as much overland travel in SEA as possible to provide opportunities for stumbling off the beaten path/having experiences not included in my Lonely Planet. I also attempted to avoid backtracking where possible.
Fly into Bangkok and head south
stopping at one of the Kos
-reccomendations for a less touristy island?
- get PADI certified somewhere, reccomendations for East or West coast in January?
Head over to Krabi
-do some climbing
- cross into Malasia at Sungai Kolok
-this was a recent addition to my list as it was highly reccomended by a friend... reccomendations?
- snorkeling in Pulau Perhentian Kecil
- trecking in Taman Negara Natl. park
- Fly out of Kuala Lampur to Bangkok
Head up to Nong Khai and cross in Laos
- Vang Vieng
- Maung Sing
- then id like to hop on a boat and float down the Mekong...any reccomendations on where to do this?
- chill out in Don Det
- Cross into Cambodia at Voen Kham
- Perhaps head over to Ban Lung
- Definatly go to Angkor Wat
- Phnom Penh
- perhaps go to Sihanoukville
- Cross into Vietnam at Bavet
Basically northbound through Vietnam stopping at
- Da Lat
- Nha Trang
- Pleiku (my dad was stationed there)
- Ha Long Bay
- Ha Noi for a Flight to Nepal, Japan or India depending on how much cash I have left and what month it is.